Saturday, February 11, 2012

Animal Research

     Every year, third grade goes to the Aquarium for one of our field trips. Beyond the stress of the field trip itself, sometimes I walk away wondering if they truly got new and meaningful information from the experience. To solve this problem, I started giving them a small research project to work on the week before the trip. I wanted them to research an animal, look up facts about it, and present the information they found either in the classroom or at the Aquarium. The kids LOVE choosing an animal, and they love using the computer even more! It's a simple way for them to begin the process of researching.
     I usually just thrown something together last minute each year, but this year I decided to take my time and create a few pages I could use over and over again! Below is a copy of the cover page...sorry if it is blurry, I'm still trying to figure out how to upload files!!



No comments: