Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Daily Schedule

Not too much to post today, friends. This past week was a whirlwind at school! We had observations, Parent Thanksgiving Lunch, and a field trip! WHEW. (oh, and I got a new student teacher who I think is fabulous! Score!) Also, let me just add we scheduled our field trip before the observations and Thanksgiving lunch were put on the calendar:) We really are smarter than that! (most days:))

I thought you guys might want to look at my daily schedule. OF COURSE things get in the way, and we can't always follow this every single day, but this is what you will find going on in my classroom most of the time.

8:05-8:30       Breakfast (yes we have breakfast in the classroom. no I don't like it) When they finish
                      breakfast, they have a calendar math packet with 5 questions they complete.

8:30-9:00       Math Workshop rotations

9:00-9:30       Grade calendar math, grade other math work, begin math lesson

9:30-10:20     Specials

10:20-11:00   Finish math lesson/independent work

11:00-11:35   Science/Social Studies (we rotate days)

11:35-12:10   Lunch

12:15-1:00     Read Aloud/Discussion & Practice with Skill for the week/ Spelling

1:00-1:30       Reading Workshop rotations

1:30-1:50       Recess

1:50-2:30       Independent Reading/I'm pulling small groups (bathroom break is in here, too)

2:30-3:10       Writing/Grammar

3:10-3:20       I sign behavior calendars/get ready to go home




So there it is! If you have any questions, just let me know:) I'm off to pack for our trip!

No comments: