Saturday, June 2, 2012

Edward Tulane



I LOOOOVVEEE this book! I read this book to my students every year, and each year I take away something different from the story. It is such a sweet story of a rabbit's unwanted journey that ends up changing him in ways he never thought possible. I laugh, cry, and smile all the way through this book with my kids!

Usually I come up with random discussion questions as we go through the book, but this year I decided to make a study guide! It made each day really easy, and I was WAY more prepared to have meaningful conversation with them. The packet includes vocabulary words, questions, retelling, comparing/contrasting, etc. I used it the last 6 weeks with my kids, and they really seemed to enjoy the pages! I enjoyed going over the answer with the kids since it brought up so many discussion points! I tweaked the study guide and posted it in my TpT store today! Here is the preview below. You can click on the picture, and it will take you right to it!


2 comments:

Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts said...

Aw, I LOVE this book, too! I have used it with my kids in the past and I am so glad you came up with a packet! It's hard to find quality resources for it :)

Thanks again!

~Stephanie
3rd Grade Thoughts

EveryNewBeginning said...

Love that book too! My very first student teacher read that to my kids several years ago.

I need to make more time for read alouds next year!

Every New Beginning